Monday, January 11, 2010

Austin, summer 1983

I took these pictures when my family went up to Austin during the summer of 1983. We checked out the campus of the University of Texas, where I was strongly considering going (and where I ultimately went to college), and went inside the Dobie dorm to check out the views of campus. Freshman year my room had a view of the Tower, on the 9th floor. Downtown is nearly unrecognizable compared to now with all of the construction that has taken place since. These photos and slides start with a view from Mt. Bonnell, then the Capitol Building and downtown, and finally the UT campus.

































No comments:

Post a Comment

How to find someone in the 1940 Census

I posted this on Facebook in April 2012, not long after the 1940 Census was released. I rediscovered this post in November 2020 and figured ...