Friday, January 1, 2010

Somewheres Else

My father and I had a years-long project to scan the family slide and photograph collection. The slides go back to 1965, the photos back to the early 1900s. I thought it might be interesting to show the places we've been, in particular the places that don't exist anymore in the way we photographed them, whether it's the buildings, the cars, the fashion, or whatever.

These are not professional photos, just some people with cameras documenting the sights. We've used a number of methods of scanning images, most of them relatively cheap. The original goal of our scanning project was to see what we have, so that if we later want better copies or reprints we can get those done individually. There are about 6000 slides and scanned photos dating up to 2002, which is when I got my digital camera.

The images here have only been color corrected (to some extent, using Paint Shop Pro) and are presented warts (or wings, or windows) and all.

So here, in no particular order, are pictures from somewheres else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to find someone in the 1940 Census

I posted this on Facebook in April 2012, not long after the 1940 Census was released. I rediscovered this post in November 2020 and figured ...