Wednesday, March 30, 2016

China/Korea 2009: day 14 (Seoul/DMZ/Daejeon)

Seoul day 2: Sunday 10/11/09
Map of my Seoul and DMZ stops, this day in blue; here are the photos from today. Yellow highlights in the text correspond to flags on the map.



Placeholder until I get my notes together:
  • Left the hotel around 8am, drove up to Imjingak and saw the Memorial Altar and the bridge that used to bring North and South Korean families together. Saw the Dorasan train station, which will eventually link up to the North and allow rail travel to the Trans Siberian Railway and the Trans Chinese Railway. At the DMZ, there was an overlook to see into North Korea, and we visited the 3rd Tunnel built from the North into the South in preparation for an eventual invasion. 
  • Drove back to Seoul for lunch and some time to explore the Namdaemun Market and a bit of the surrounding city.
  • After a few hours drive, we made it to Daejeon and I found my hotel, dropped off my stuff, and went out for some hot pot for dinner and a quick tour of the area nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to find someone in the 1940 Census

I posted this on Facebook in April 2012, not long after the 1940 Census was released. I rediscovered this post in November 2020 and figured ...